Saturday 1 March 2014

Week 1: Meal Plan for 3rd March - 9th March


Week 1 is here, My #6WeeksToGoal Journey and like I promised, here is my meal plan for the week

Note that this is what I think will work for me. I have a very busy schedule so I can only afford to cook once a day which will be the lunch I take to work. So my breakfast, snack and dinner have been modified to easy meals with little or no cooking involved.

Feel free to substitute appropriate meals but remember, HEALTHY EATING is the goal. Control your portions no matter how 'healthy' your meal seems.

Keeping track of your meals is also very important to success. Check out my post on it here

Lastly, drink A LOT of water. Minimum of 3 Litres a day. Good luck and share your stories in the comments.




Grocery list (excluding items I have at home already)
• Kale/Spinach
• Coconut oil
• Tomato paste
• Brown rice
• Mixed veggies and mixed pepper frozen
• Strawberries, Greek Yogurt
• Bananas
• Mangoes
• Pineapple
• Grapefruit
• Brown Beans
• Plantain
• Sweet Potato
• Shrimps
• Goat meat
• Salmon
• Fresh Catfish
• Pepper soup ingredients


4 comments:

  1. Hi, please is brown rice the same as ofada rice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ashley: Basically yes, Ofada rice is our local wholegrain rice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, please help!! I need to loose weight and just about ready to start with the slimming teas before stumbling on your blog this evening, problem is what do I do or use as replacement because I can't afford majority of the fruits stated in the menu herein? Any other local options that cist less? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily, thanks for reading. You can definitely substitute with any fruit of your choice: Watermelon, pineapple, mangoes, pawpaw, oranges, apples. They are quite cheap in the market. Also you can make peppersoup, oil free vegetable soup, so many substitutes. Keep reading as I will be posting many meal options

      Delete